Applicants should submit the full script of the oration.
The covering letter, addressed to the Honorary Secretary, SLCIM should explain why the applicant believes that the work is of sufficient merit to deserve an oration, and list the original papers and conference presentations (both oral and poster) of the applicant cited in the oration
- Substantial part of the oration should be based on original research
- Orations based on work published in peer reviewed journals will be given priority
- In case of multi-author research and publications, the applicant should inform the other authors of his/her presentation and provide details of the contribution to design, data collection, analysis and writing of the manuscript by the applicant
- A separate sheet stating the publications on which the oration is based should be attached to the submission
Guidelines for submission
- A covering letter should indicate the oration/ orations for which the manuscript should be considered
- For all research involving human or animal subjects, state ‘Ethics Clearance’ in the methods section. Randomized Control Trials should have been registered in a WHO recognized Clinical Trial Registry
- The oration should be typed using Times New Roman, size 12, double line spacing. Harvard or Vancouver system of referencing can be used
- Seven (07) copies of the scripts should be submitted to the SLCIM office (Of these, one (01) copy should be with the name of the author and six (6) copies should be without the name of the author
- Each copy should be accompanied with a brief resume of the salient points in one sheet of paper (A4 size) indicating the contribution made to advances in knowledge on the subject
The manuscript should be accompanied by a separate document which indicates the following;
- The impact of the research in terms of advancing scientific knowledge, quality of clinical care and improvement of service delivery.
- In case of multi-author research/publications, the contribution of the applicant to design, data collection, analysis and writing of publications/manuscript
- A declaration by the applicant that the other authors of the presented research have no objections to the submission of the oration.
- The applicant should declare if all or part of the work included in the manuscript has already been presented as an oration.
- Declaration of financial and other conflicts of interests.
All authors of orations should be members of the SLCIM if they are eligible for membership. (If you are not a member at present, please become a member before forwarding your application)
Applications should reach the Honorary Secretary. SLCIM No 85, Rodney Street Colombo 08 on or before 31st of August 2021